Wednesday, June 9, 2010

QUINCY, IL TO SPRINGFIELD, IL

Quincy, Il, to Springfield, Il
110.14 mi in 6 hr 20 min
7 June 2010
What a day. Really long. Doug Squires from Coverntry England and I rode most of the day together. He manufactures auto parts there. He is a great guy, rider and story teller. Seems to 'ave been everywhere.
We rode over the Illinois river which is much bigger than one might think. Have seen barges loading grain there twice.
Doug and I got a great pull from Greg the last 35 miles or so. Still was a beautiful day and I really enjoyed riding with both. Doug is more my speed. Greg is much stronger.

The countryside is beautiful, but does not show well in photos.


Beautiful patriotic barn

Doug Posing on the Illinois Bridge after watching barge load




Now here's a good sized farm tractor



Doug coming out of the Sag and Greg catching up.
We latched on for a great pull


Greg Pulling into Springfield after leading Doug and I
for 35-38 miles or so. Saved us. 110 miles is a long way.
Sorry the pic is distant, I guessed wrong. So what's new.















No comments:

Post a Comment