Wednesday, June 9, 2010

SPRINGFIELD, IL TO CHAMPAIGN, IL

Springfield, Il to Champaign, Il
88.56 miles in 5:19 min
8 June 2010


Today was Jim Hall's first day as an official rider. He as been helping on staff until now. Needless to say the weather was not great. We had rain at the beginning and end and a quartering head wind all day. We rode together the entire day pulling each other. He did most at the beginning and I did more later. We picked up Doug after about 45 miles and he rode in with us.


Jim said, "I thought we were joining the 2010 tour and not the 2006 tour." This statment comes from the fact that 2006 was notorious for some bad weather in the desert and alot of headwinds in the midwest. However, the truth is that every tour get some good weather and some bad. I just hope 2010 doesn't get alot of bad weather from now on.


I was really a tired puppy at the end, but very happy to be at rest day in Champaign. I think my legs were a little stronger today than yesterday, but the quads are really sore. Will get a massage tomorrow morning.



Jim Hall riding well in the middle of the day.
You can't see the head wind but you can sure feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment