Thursday, September 23, 2010

WEST COAST TOUR SEP 2010

Petaluma to San Francisco
50 miles
Sep 22, 2010
Our route today had alot of climbing out of Petaluma. We went southwest into the hills then swept around back southeast to Sausalito before getting on the Golden Gate Bridge. Traffic, Traffic, Traffic in this area. The Golden Gate was absolute fabulous. Had a 25 knot cross wind but that was no problem compared to the people on the bridge on rental bikes. Still, lots of fun crossing this great land mark of America.

Hills west of Petaluma

Jim H cruising through Sausalito

Getting ready to cross the Bridge. Yes, it is
cool in SF in the summer


Jim and Ron on the bridge

At the start of the bridge


I was amazed that the railings were so low on the bridge.
Easier to jump over I guess. There are plans to put a
net below it.
San Francisco and the Bay Bridge from the GG
Bridge

A look back . Really wonderful experience








2 comments:

  1. It looks like it is too chilly for this Texas girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jim, I wish I'd known you were here. I could have come over the Bay Bridge and met up with you guys. I live in Castro Valley in the East Bay. Glad you're enjoying my neighborhood. You're riding my weekend rides!

    ReplyDelete