Friday, June 25, 2010

BRATTLEBORO, VT TO BURLINGTON, MS


Brattleboro, Vt to Burlington, MS
93.96 miles in 5 hrs 30 min
24 June 2010

Today is the last real riding day. he final day is a ceremonial ride to the Revere beach from Burlington. Today's ride starts out nice crosses over into New Hampshire after about 4 miles , then stair steps ups to the Mass border at around 45 miles. I do mean stair steps up. One hill had some 14% grade in it. I had to stand in my lowest gear part of the time. Nevertheless the country side was beautiful and the traffic light.

There was a great covered bridge we got to go over and we saw some nice lakes. Then all hell breaks loose as we zoomed down towards the coast. At first it was fun because of the long downhills. But about 25-30 miles from Burlington, the traffic gets terrible and the roads narrow and bad. Really dangerous in my opinion. This why Rick (who has been on the tour 13 times) says this is one of his least favorite ride., BUT, it is what it is, and you have to get there. Makes for a tough day though


Hey! This looks fun.



It is fun

Oh, not quite as fun as I thought! I don,t
like the parallel cracks with a truck coming


Finally, a place to get my bicycle AND my
carriage worked on.




Nice lake, but either it is tilted or I am. Oh, this
was shot from the bike of course






No comments:

Post a Comment